Join Erin Babnik for an immersive photography workshop in one of the most unique landscapes in the world. Using the Furnace Creek area of Death Valley National Park as our base, we will explore the wealth of photogenic options for landscape photography that are available within short drives and short hikes.
From rippled sand dunes to colorful badlands and otherworldly salt flats, we will have a variety of incredible opportunities for translating spectacular scenes of nature into compelling photographs. Erin will guide you through the entire process with dedicated instruction on all aspects of the art of landscape photography.
Where we're going:
• Badlands Ridge at sunrise
• Mud Tile Playa near Furnace Creek
• Mesquite Sand Dunes at sunset
• Cotton Ball Basin at sunset
• You will have the opportunity to learn how to use, and experiment with the latest Canon gear, including the EOS R system with its drop-in filter mount adaptor (perfect for landscape photographers)
• Expert instruction in the field and classroom from Erin Babnik and support from the Canon Team.
• 1-2 Professional Prints of your work to take home from a Canon Pro Printer.
What You Will Learn:
The workshop is limited to 10 students, so you will have plenty of attention and support to help you in both the field and the classroom. We will meet for classroom instruction to cover a variety of skills that enhance your photography.
• You will have the opportunity to learn progressive in-field techniques such as focus stacking, capturing multiple exposures in high dynamic range situations, shooting for perspective blends, and much more.
• Indoor instruction will include a seminar on composition and one on post-processing your images for technical excellence and expressive impact.
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome. A good understanding of your camera operations including using manual mode, apertures, AV, F-Stops and shutter speed is very helpful.
Why Learn With Canon
Canon Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. In a few days, this fun, hands-on workshop will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
Shoot Side-By-Side With The Pros
You’ll be alongside like-minded photography pros, ready to answer any question—and provide expert advice on how to bring your visions to life, how to maximize your camera’s functions and get creative with lenses.
Smaller Is Better
In this intimate setting, you’ll have easy access to instructors as well as the Canon support staff. You’ll have all the attention you need to further develop your skills.
You’ll not only shoot with the best instructors—you’ll shoot with the best gear! Workshop attendees can access a range of Canon “dream gear,” including our latest cameras and lenses, with Canon instructors ready to offer their technical and creative assistance every step of the way.